Thursday, July 12, 2007

Packing; Heat.

I did find one benefit to 101-degree weather: clothes dry on the line quicker than in the dryer.

Makes it hard to think in terms of packing for cool weather, though. I want to throw in a bunch of tank tops now, but when I'm out on the water, I'll want long-sleeved shirts almost exclusively.

That great big duffel bag I bought at Andy & Bax last week? Not nearly so big when I'm trying to stuff a blanket, pillow, thick wool sweater, pea coat, two pairs of boots, and a small mountain of warm clothes into it. Of course, it'll seem plenty big when I'm trying to lug it around.

Anyway, the end is in sight, but I'm taking a break from the packing to post my latest mix CD. This one speaks to the transition I'm in right now, with the quitting and the leaving and the traveling and the changing, and all the emotions that go with that.

1. The Be Good Tanyas - Ship Out On The Sea
2. Björk - Wanderlust
3. Rocky Votolato - Goldfield
4. The Blind Boys of Alabama - Demons
5. Yes - America
6. Rosie Thomas - Wedding Day
7. Martin Sexton - Glory Bound
8. The Deadly Deaths - See The World
9. Indigo Girls - Reunion
10. Nina Simone - Feeling Good
11. The American Analog Set - Fuck This... I'm Leaving
12. The Owls - Air
13. The Finches - The Road
14. Regina Spektor - Fidelity
15. Bishop Allen - Flight 180
16. Jason Webley - With
17. The Staple Singers - This May Be The Last Time
18. Polyphonic Spree - Move Away And Shine

If you want to reproduce the artifact exactly, here is the cover image, and here is the image I used for the CD label. Songs will be available for one week, and are posted with the intent to promote, not rip off, the artists. If you hear something you really like, do consider coughing up the cash for an album. Even if you buy it used.

Now to finish packing, and maybe sleep a little. Tomorrow I will take the train into Washington. The train does not go to Port Angeles, so (thanks to my friend Truck) I'll be arriving at the harbor on the back of a shiny black Valkyrie. Vroom.

5 comments:

hhw said...

Thanks for the mix -- do you have a name for the compilation? I called it "Lindsey's Bon Voyage" in my iTunes playlists.

Lindsey said...

That's as good a name as any. I labeled my playlist "Bustin' Loose." My sister took one look at the cover/disc images and crowed, "Freebird!"

Rebecca said...

I'm going to have to make this CD! You've got some good stuff in there. Have so so much fun!

Anonymous said...

so sad, alas and alak, our lindsey moon will ner' come bak, the train derailed and has gone off trak, the duck in the night still too often says quak. love you long lost sailing friend.

signed, anonymous random friend in texas :)

Tiffany said...

Bon Voyage and Hooray for new adventures!