Saturday, March 18, 2006

Which Has an Awful Lot of F Words.

F, man. F is a really great letter. Fact and fiction, formulas and freestyle, feebleness and fortitude, flying and falling: F has them all covered.

I've decided that the two weeks of F are a time for finishing things, which is something I'm generally not very good at. I get a charge out of starting a new endeavor, but if it outlasts that inital momentum, I all too often abandon it. That means there are plenty of finishable things to choose from! Other F adventures include...

Fatigue: Most nights this past week I came home feeling like my brain had turned to stone, and it was all my neck could do to keep my skull up. For this I blame the (unblogged) events of the previous week. Frequently when I get this drained, I keep pushing myself and get sick. But not this time. I totally vegged out! Take that, germs!

Fruit: ORGANIC BANANAS. I've had some good bananas in my day, fat little apple bananas freshly cut from a sun-drenched, mosquito-ridden patch on Maui. Nothing else is that good. But these are close -- way closer than I thought a store-bought banana in this part of the world could get. Why didn't anybody tell me? I will never purchase those chalky, flavorless Dole things again.

Flash games: In Flow, you control a simple aquatic organism. You get to swim around and eat stuff, and avoid predators. And as you grow and mutate, you can hunt down and devour those same predators. Mesmerizing, and very pretty. Check it out.

Feist: is playing at the Wonder Ballroom on March 31st. The 31st is actually well into G territory, but that doesn't mean I can't fork over my fourteen dollars (post-service charge) for a ticket this week. Drop me a line if you want to join the fun.

Feist - Inside & Out

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The thing I love about organic bananas is that they don't have nearly so many or such prominent "strings" running down the outside of the flesh. Those things creep me out the way finding a vein in a piece of chicken disturbs some people. Organics hardly have them at all.
--grrlpup

Lindsey said...

Hey, you're right! I hadn't figured that out yet. And I agree, those stringy bits are icky. Like eating hair or something. Gleh.

Unknown said...

How about frosting, Hoffman? It's not only the best tasting and most challenging part of a cake-making endeavor, but it might also remind you of a long-lost, much-beloved friend who never writes, never calls...but still thinks you're the coolest librarian that ever skulked the stacks.

Unknown said...

Yeah! Friends and frosting would have been good, but I'm glad you stayed away from Furbees (too passé), but what about foibles? Wait, no . . . I already have too many . . . . As you were.

Is it ironic that passé has that accute accent that is so . . . well, passé?