Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Being an Account of Recent Events.

Hourly Comics Day was a success, but you are going to have to wait a couple more days before you get to see the output. (You can go read some other people's in the meantime if that helps.) To avoid taxing you with undue suspense, I will reveal that the surprise guests mentioned here were my old sidekick Mitch and my young sister Ashley. Mayhem ensued. The weekend had a nice symmetry to it, with the three of us hanging out for three days, all three together, and getting one-on-one time with each of the other two, and also all three parting ways to hang out with other people for oh, three hours, give or take. There was tasty food, plenty of dancing, parties of varying types, quite a few YouTube videos, multiple thrift store shopping sprees, and more hilarity than I can adequately describe. My Hourly Comics don't really capture it. Mitch's do a better job, but they're hard to interpret if you weren't there. I'm sure Ashley's would have if she had done any.

I did not do Three on the Third today.

On the technology front, I'm pleased to report that Asus has agreed to send me a hard drive and let me ship the old one back to them, rather than have me send back the whole dang netbook. Despite the hard drive problem, I'm pretty satisfied with the machine. The major design flaw, as far as I'm concerned, is the placement of the touchpad; it's too easy to bump with your right hand as you type, and then your cursor ends up in the wrong place. This weekend, as other people consistently ran into the same problem, I realized that I've adapted by holding my right hand differently, possibly non-ergonomically. Hmm. Well, the next model will be better, and I can put up with this little quirk until then.

Who knows? Maybe, after my system is back to whatever the new normal is, I'll blog about something besides my computer and comics.

3 comments:

aaron said...

did you read our hourlies yet? nobody has commented on them, so they're on the 5th page...

Lindsey said...

I haven't read anybody's hourlies yet! I am behind on all my internet everythings.

Tom said...

You're behind? I am just now getting around to reading your blog! Happy VDay!

T