Wednesday, April 28, 2010

URLwarming!

Well, I... I did it. I think it worked, mostly? Except for the part where the new location says "this blog has moved" and the old one doesn't. But I fixed that with some internet duct tape. I've been tweaking the look, too. I'm no graphic designer, but I know it could be better, so I plan to continue adjusting until I get bored with it.

This is decidedly a downgrade as far as URLs go. But it just doesn't make sense to host my own blog anymore. And I investigated WordPress and yes, there are things about it I like a lot better, but also there are still things I like better about Blogger, and it came down to which was easier at the time, i.e. the grass on this side of the fence. I can still switch. I may still switch. But for now, here I am. Right here at this ridiculously lengthy address.

So if you have an RSS reader, I guess you got the previous post and have switched your feed-tubes so you can still savor occasional helpings of my delicious prose, right? If not, there's a handy little link over on the right (under the moon) to help you do just that. If you do not have an RSS reader, you must be wasting a lot of time clicking on bookmarks! You should really consider letting the internet keep an eye on your favorite sites for you. Google Reader or Bloglines or similar web services can provide you with regular fieldtrips out of the Facebook ghetto.

Although if your web activities are primarily restricted to Facebook, I guess you're not reading this. Carry on!

2 comments:

aaron said...

what didn't you like about wordpress?

Gaelon said...

The boycott begins in 15 minutes. Grab a chair and some chips, we'll get started shortly.