Sunday, February 20, 2011

Things Superheroes Might Think About...

...While Skulking Atop Buildings Waiting for the Opportune Moment to Sneak Across Highly Visible Passageways to the Tops of Other Buildings, Like, Say, a Gymnasium.
  • Wow, the sky's really pretty tonight.  Is that a star? ...Nope. Airplane. 
  • Geez, lady, how long does it take to get two kids into the car?
  • I wonder how long I can crouch like this before my leg completely stops working.
  • You can totally see why this roof leaks all the time.  Whoever designed this building clearly had no concept of how rain works.
  • Maybe if I slide over here I can stand up without being seen... oh.  Crap.  There's people on that side of the building, too. 
  • Don't all of you nice people want to go home and watch TV now?
  • How 'bout... now?
  • This is the worst flashlight.  This is worse than no flashlight.  I had no idea this flashlight was so terrible. 
  • Are those air conditioning units?  They get air conditioning here now?  Daaang!
  • Are these people leaving in shifts, or what?
  • Okay, nose.  I get it.  It's cold.  You can stop dripping now.
  • Wouldn't it be funny if I called ___ from up here?  "Hey, ___, it's me!  A Superhero!  On top of the ___ building!  Verbal high five!"
  • ...Maybe that's not such a good idea.
  • I probably shouldn't sit on this rooftop; who knows what kind of gunk it might leave on my superhero costume.
  • Are they still standing there talking?  Holy crap.  They're still standing there talking.  
  • Screw it, I'm sitting down.
  • Is that Mt. Tabor?  Wait, no, Mt. Tabor's that way.  Which one is that then?
  • Uhhh...
  • Why do I still not know the names of all the buttes in this part of town?
  • I really hope whoever's cleaning this building right now can't hear me sneaking around up here, because if I was them, that would totally weird me out. 
  • Aaand more people in the parking lot.  Does this place ever shut down? 
  • Aww, those ol' trees.  Why are those trees so amazing.  Seriously, they're like... ptschhh!  Art!  Wow.
  • Actually, they probably grow that way because they're straining for sunlight between two buildings.
  • Still, though!  So awesome.
  • Hey, I can totally see in the window of this other building!  Which... has... an awful lot of people in it.
  • Who are all also presumably going home at some point.
  • Erg.
  • No way am I sitting up here all night.  I got places to go, supervillains to catch.
  • Also, my nose is still dripping.
  • Is the coast clear?  Let's say the coast is clear.  Who's gonna be looking this way anyway, right?
Note: This list is purely theoretical in nature, and has absolutely nothing to do with the previous post.

4 comments:

aaron said...

would you be interested in drawing a comic of (possibly a shortened version of) this for a guest comic for chainsaw next month?

Lindsey said...

If I can just draw one frame and use it over and over? DEFINITELY.

aaron said...

if that's what you choose to do, you can.

Thomas said...

This makes me miss you, and my Portland days, a great deal. :)