Thursday, May 31, 2007

Which Was Long Delayed.

I don't know, Kristi. I think after I don't blog for a while I stop thinking like a blogger, stop tagging daily experiences as bloggable and constructing blogworthy phrases in my head. Though not everyone agrees, I find "blogger brain" to be a desirable state: if the unexamined life is not worth living, the un-narrated life is doomed to be forgotten. And if an audience keeps you writing where a blank page wouldn't, well, you're still writing.

So I had some pretty good reasons for stopping blogging, and I've forgotten them (time, health, that sort of thing). And the above is my reason for not re-starting blogging as soon as I otherwise should have. And now I'm just really, really busy. In fact I'm at a conference in Texas right now, so I really should be going to sleep, but I just finished typing up the notes for a 4 1/2 hour meeting and I deserve some internet time, dangit.

Also, an invitation: fellow librarian hhw and I are coincidentally quitting within a week of each other. No, we don't work at the same library, but we're still throwing a Quit Your Library Job Party on Saturday, June 16th. It'll be a come-and-go thingy at Laurelhurst Park from 1:00 to about 5 p.m. I'll have more details for you as soon as I locate the very best picnic spot, but until then, as they say: save the date.

8 comments:

hhw said...

today is my last day, AIEEEEEE! First lesson learned: do not wait until the penultimate day to start cleaning out your office.

alissa j. said...

i'm glad you aren't quitting at blogging. (nice use of penultimate btw. one of my favourite words.)

Unknown said...

Whee! Library job quitting party!

Actually, I know a third person who's trying to quit her library job. I'm tempted to drag her along to Laurelhurst that afternoon, in hopes that she can catch some good vibes from the two of you.

Tiffany said...

Ah, good to see you back in the blogesphere. Though, won't your blogging days have end once you begin your life as a pirate? Or do modern day boat women have internet access?
www.namastechild.blogspot.com

Lindsey said...

E: Yes, do! Shanghai her if necessary.

T: Modern day sailors have intermittent internet access, generally with slow connections. But yeah.

Anonymous said...

Yay! A party! I can't wait to see you and catch up a bit :o)

Unknown said...

Dang it! Your Quitting Your Library Job Party overlaps with my dad's retirement party (kinda ironic). But maybe Ty and Bennett and I can wander over after Dad's shindig wraps at 3. If not, party extra for us--and double for Bennett, he really knows how to live it up.

Lindsey said...

J: Likewise! :oD

G: You're going to be in town? Then you're coming to my party. Got it?