Wednesday, June 13, 2007

What Have You Done To Your...

Sorry. That other blog template was starting to feel claustrophobic. This one's equally ridiculous, but in a completely different way! Less literary kitsch and more... seaside kitsch, if you will.

The LibraryThing widgets are gone for now, too. The "Books I Don't Want" list would be extremely impractical to keep up from afar, and the "Currently Reading" one was becoming less "what I'm reading" and more "what's lying around unfinished." Meanwhile, the books I was actually reading went so quickly that they didn't even make it into the widget.

Also, I confess I have long been weary of that little conceit where I begin all post titles with "In Which." So out with that too, while we're at it. Let me tell you, I have gained a lot of respect for authors who manage to make all of their chapter subheadings witty.

I suppose now Blogger will republish the whole darn thing, which is inconvenient for a certain portion of my feed-reading audience. Mea culpa, friends. It'll all blow over soon.

9 comments:

Lindsey said...

Wait, it... it didn't cough up a wad of old posts after all?

Okay. OKAY. Maybe that big messy Blogger revamp wasn't a total waste.

Anonymous said...

did you just comment on your own blog?

Lindsey said...

Easier than writing up a whole 'nother post.

Unknown said...

I couldn't have a currently-reading widget, either, for the same reasons. So I changed it to a "recently read" widget, which works pretty well. The list is dominated by things that I liked well enough to finish.

The blog revamp is hurting my brain -- now I shall have to completely reevaluate who I think you are! Agh!

Lindsey said...

"...now I shall have to completely reevaluate who I think you are! Agh!"

Hahah. Join the club.

Gaelon said...

I want pictures of this new life of yours. Your new blog, your new life, all require pictures.

Tiffany said...

Oh I miss " In which". You were so witty with those. But I agree with what's his name before me-pics are a must. One must capture new chapters in life with film, or digital imaging, whichever the case may be.

Kristi said...

I'm rudely going to go off-topic, Lindsey. Can you send me a current email address for yourself? I feel so rejected each time yours kicks back to me.

Lindsey said...

Pictures. Hmm.

On the one hand, I did just acquire my first digital camera.

On the other hand, uploading image files from the boat may be a hassle. There will be internet opportunities, but they will mostly be pretty slow. I will do what I can.

There won't ever be many images in this blog, though. My photos may be found elsewhere online, and while their location will not be linked here, it's available to friends upon request. Tiff and Gaelon, I will send you this info soon.