Monday, July 02, 2007

Chance of Departure: One Hundred Percent.

The Quit Your Library Job Party, for those of you who couldn't make it, was a huge success. There was a lot of fresh fruit and a lot of talking, and a respectable amount of baby-holding and game-playing and dog-petting. A total of three library-job-quitters were present (and zero mimes). Rain showers occurred, but failed to dampen the fun. For those of you who did make it, thank you. I'm so glad you were there.

I would have written about that sooner, but I've been on the road for the past week-plus. Last Saturday, two of my favorite people married each other in Nixa, Missouri, and I used that as an excuse to visit friends in Nashville, Milwaukee, and Chicago as well. So it's been a steady round of quality time with quality folks, interspersed with thrilling episodes on planes, buses, and rental vehicles. I'm in Chicago right now, actually, in a small, quiet apartment, using a keyboard with a very loud spacebar. Pretty soon Mitchey will get off work and we'll go contradancing. And tomorrow I'll go home.

There has been some confusion about when I depart Portland for the boat. Some of the confusion has been my own. The current plan is to jump the pier July 12th. That's really soon, huh?

3 comments:

alissa j. said...

well i'm not sure if you mean home portland or home eugene, but if you're here the fourth we should go for a bike ride!

Lindsey said...

Portland is home. I am definitely up for a bike ride.

Tiffany said...

I smile picturing you and Mitchey dancing with new cowboy hats on at the wedding barn. Hope contradancing was a hit, and safe travels! It was great seeing you, and I only wish we could have talked more.
www.namastechild.blogspot.com