Monday, July 09, 2007

Gunpowder, Treason, and Formic.

Nature is conspiring against my efforts to use my remaining time at home effectively:

- The ants found a new entry point into my kitchen, necessitating a lengthy session of sleuthing, caulking, and cleaning.

- A raccoon stole my Tevas off the back porch and hid them in the yard. I found them eventually, but they now bear the marks of needle-sharp teeth. (This makes them, I admit, just that much cooler.)

- And the forecast for Wednesday predicts a high of at least 100. Who can get anything done in such weather? Besides Badwater people, I mean.

I am vexed.

However, a number of other things have gone very well. Grandma's 90th birthday celebration, for one. Delightful. And my transportation plans to the boat are shaping up nicely. And then there was this, which would make anybody's night.

(Well. Maybe not everybody's. Definitely mine, though.)

3 comments:

evannichols said...

To be fair, the Pyrotechnic Device was very quiet; no banging, popping or screeching. It was a very well-behaved Giant Ball of Flame...

Glad you liked it! :-)

hhw said...

Sparklers -- even 500 of them -- are definitely not on my "If I Ruled the World" list of banned items. As Evan suggests, it's the banging, popping, and screeching items I object to.

Lindsey said...

But would it make your night, hhw?