Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Other Holiday Season.

Man, the holidays, they can really wear you out.

March 14: Pi Day
I ate a pear-almond tart, because I didn't want that ate-a-whole-pie feeling.
March 15: The Ides
I bewared to the best of my ability. Did not get assassinated.
March 16: "The Controversial Latvian Legion Day" (Wikipedia)
I observed a hiatus from celebrating.
March 17: St. Patrick's Day
I avoided going downtown.
March 18: Flag Day (Aruba)
I did my taxes.
March 19: Discardia begins
I sent a book away in the mail, and made plans for the further disposal of unwanted items.

A word or two about Discardia: It is a festival of casting aside. It is a quarterly sloughing off of the unnecessary. It is such a very good idea. If you have too much stuff, I encourage you to celebrate Discardia with me. This season it is two and a half weeks long! Just think how much stuff you can get rid of in two and a half weeks.

If you do not have too much stuff, do you want some of mine?

6 comments:

ah said...

I keep shoveling and shoveling, but my pile remains!

evannichols said...

That's quite a list! And it doesn't even include Cybernetic-American Awareness Day!

Discardia is a great idea. I will definitely participate! I'm in the "Have Too Much Stuff" group, so I'll pass on taking your stuff (unless you have action figures you're discarding). Thanks for letting us know about Discarda!

Cassie said...

Ooh, discardia! I have a bunch of clothes I should really get rid of, but being the packrat that I am I can't bring myself to. What if a neon orange and blue soccer shirt from panama that's four sizes too big for me suddenly becomes useful again?! I just don't know...

Unknown said...

It seems that we celebrated Discardia early this time around. We cleaned the garage on the 15th and we have huge pile of stuff to donate.

Actually, Bennett barfed on the 19th. Does that count?

S. said...

does getting stuff stolen out of the dryer count for discardia day?

Lindsey said...

A: Don't make a mountain out of a molehill.

E: How could I forget? Some of my best friends are robots.

C: You need a clothing exchange!

G: Yes, it counts.

S: Not if you got them back again later.