Saturday, August 23, 2008

Here It Is, It Is a Post.

oh man why did I say I was gonna post every day for... whatever, WHATEVER

Today was a day I thought I would have a lot of free time and it did not work out that way at all, and now it is late and I am tired. So instead of a long post telling you about the fishing tournament last weekend, I will give you my itinier... itineri... schedule for the next couple months:

- On September 3 I fly back into Eugene. That is really soon! 12 days to be exact.
- Then I will drive back to Portland for maybe almost a week. During that time, I plan to finish insulating my heating ducts while infringing on my renters' privacy. I am sorry that I will probably not have time to hang out with hardly any of you, Portland friends.
- Then I will drive back to Eugene (my parents are really good car-sitters, plus it's an excuse to see them) and fly from there to Chicago!
- Then I will fly from Chicago to England with my friend Mitch!
- We will be in England for almost two weeks, during which time we will see London, Portsmouth, Wales, and a lot of buses. Then we will fly back to Chicago.
- Then I think we will go to the Feast of the Hunters' Moon in Indiana. I have a friend who blacksmiths there every year.
- Then my friend who blacksmiths will marry my friend who left Starbucks for the sea.
- Then I will go to Nashville and spend a week with Nashvillainous types (the Bombadil family).
- Then I will go back to Chicago and hang out with Mitch and some other old friends.
- Then I will come back to Portland via Eugene. It will probably be the middle of October by that time.
- And then... I don't know. I might look for work in Portland, or I might try to get work picking cranberries near Gray's Harbor. *shrug* Right now I'm just happy to have this much planned out.

6 comments:

mwhybark said...

at Fort Ouiatenon! When I was in elementary school, I lived on the bluff above the fort and went every year with my parents. It was huge, even then, and as a result I have little-child hallucinatory memories of walking through the 19th century camp. I still have a few knicknacks from the camp - a musket ball, a card wih my name written in elaborate 18th century script, a cast lead soldier - and every couple of years I develop a hankering to go.

mwhybark said...

dunno why, but the first line got cut off. It should have read, "Have a great time at "

Tom said...

You are keeping your word, though. Doesn't it feel good to be a person of such integrety?

It refreshes my soul to see you struggle with spelling. (remember how paranoid I used to be when you were majoring in English?) Come on, that was faked, right?

Wow, you and Mitch on the loose in England. I'll keep an eye out for you two on the international news feeds.

I'll bet the original Hunters Moon Feast didn't have provisions for parking, and I'll bet they encouraged people to bring pets (in case the venison ran out)

T

aaron said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
aaron said...

traveling on the third should make for some interesting comics...
there are some books i've been wanting that are only available in england... when you're here maybe we could talk about you possibly maybe picking them up for me on your trip? assuming you might be stopping in bookstores while you're there, that is.

Lindsey said...

M: I know why. Blogger has a glitch that loads the comments page twice, the second time after quick typists such as yourself are already well into a comment.
I'll look for your bluff, and be sure to give you a full report on the Feast.

T: I remember thinking, "This guy sends me long fascinating handwritten letters, and he thinks I care about his spelling?"
I messed up on typing "itinerary" at least twice, so no, not faked. Just a spatial representation of a chronological event, accurately indicating my mental state at the time of writing.

A: Quite possibly! In the meantime, e-mail me the title/author info and I'll see if I can't find copies closer to home. Finding books is something I happen to be pretty good at.