Sunday, October 30, 2005

In Which I Desire Expensive Electronic Equipment.

Piri has been recording music and allowed (i.e, goaded) me to use her 4-track recorder. It is a BOSS BR-532, if that means anything to you. I had never really been forced (at gunpoint) to use one before, but it was a fascinating experience. I thought I was going to add some instrumentation or sound effects to something she was already working on, but no, she left me alone with it and said, "Okay, record a song!" Wow. Anyway, I recorded a brief experiment which I titled "Clumsy Dance," and then we collaborated on "Sub Umbra Alarum," a piece with lyrics pulled at random from the Latin Psalter.

I know, they're both pretty rough... but I could definitely get addicted to this.

5 comments:

colorfulveggies said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lindsey said...

Thank you!

Please note Point 4 of Post the First.

Anonymous said...

I think your link to the collabrative (sp)work is wrong.

Lindsey said...

The link should take you to yousendit.com, where there is a .wav file to download.

It works for me. Try again?

Lindsey said...

Oh... comprendo. I think I've fixed it now.