Friday, May 19, 2006

In Which I Say Some Stuff About Stuff.

It's almost the end of J weeks, isn't it? Hm. Hmmm. Well, I saw an old J friend today. And... um... yeah, that's about all I have to report. Wouldn't you think J would be an easy letter? I did. But then I didn't eat any jam or Jell-O, watch any films by Jim Jarmusch, or learn to juggle. Oh well. Maybe I'll do better with K.

Stuff I've been up to lately:

I bought some stuff from a virtual yard sale, which is worth checking out if you live in the Portland area. Dan and Annika are leaving their apartment to live in a biodiesel bus while they share their neo-medieval music with the rest of North America. So they're selling most of their possessions. Note also that they're really nice people, and that this is a fun and efficient way to decide whether you want someone else's possessions before actually driving to their house.

I've signed up for a month of Bikram yoga, which is essentially yoga performed with great intensity in a sauna-like environment. I've only been to three sessions so far, and they say it starts getting much less torturous after that. I sure hope so. I know I'm a wimp, but I hate being reminded of it so vividly. The carrot on the end of this stick, of course, is that at some point I will become somewhat less wimpy. In the meantime, it's kind of throwing everything else off. I'm really, really tired right now, which is why I'm home blogging instead of at Bee and Spider's cookout with ah.

Speaking of the latter, I have a new roommate, and she has just painted her bedroom orange. Excellent.

And guess what else? I've been doing some creative writing lately! And posting it here! On my blog!!

What's that? You already knew?

Oh. Okay.

(Thanks for all your positive feedback. I'm overwhelmed and honored.)

The Decemberists - July, July!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know whether I should laud you or mock you for the Bikram yoga thing. That sounds way too masochistic (and not in a fun way) for a dyed in the wool Epicurean like me.

I am impressed by your toughness though. I reserve my toughness for situations that I have to be in, not situations I choose to be in.

alissa j. said...

ja ja ja ja...
i have a funny story about the letter J but it's too late now.

you know/knew dan & anni also? how funny. i thought that was a smart idea of theirs.