Saturday, February 02, 2008

Hourly Comics.

So the idea behind Hourly Comic Day is that once every hour, you write a journal comic. Journal comics chronicle your life pretty much as it happens.

It turns out that this is hard. It helps to be unemployed (like me) or work at home (like many comic artists). I bet it also helps to have comic artist skillz, not only because the outcome would be prettier, but (more important) it would be less time-consuming. Like, you'd have already figured out how to draw yourself quickly and consistently, so your hair length wouldn't change in every frame?

Anyway, my results are below. If you have trouble reading them, your browser is probably automatically resizing the image. Tell it not to.

Page 1 * Page 2 * Page 3 * Page 4 * Page 5 * Page 6 * Page 7 * Page 8 * Page 9

Or if you want to see them all on one screen, here is my post on the Hourly Comic Day forum. There are tons more hourly comics there to look at, mostly by people who have a better grasp of basic concepts like legibility and white space than I do.

NOTE: The times written in the comic are the time the drawing was made, not the time the event occurred.

7 comments:

evannichols said...

Congratulations! (Was I the first to congratulate you on getting a job?)

Great comics! Everyone else's are way cooler than mine. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, those were awesome! I giggled lots.

And congrats on the job! When do we get to hear about it??

Anonymous said...

Yaaay! That is a great drawing of a shower curtain. I'm not sure why I like it so much, but I do. Also the Postal Clerk Roulette.

Congrats on employment!

alissa j. said...

so funny. i kinda wish you made comics all the time. or at least wrote comics for a drawer.

Anonymous said...

So Lindsey....I need you to call me...well would like you to call me when ya can. I sorta lost my phone in the Bay the night we came to visit you and no longer have your phone number. Ooops!!

Take care,
Chrysta

PJS said...

excellent & impressive!

Unknown said...

I love your comics and I want hourly comic day to last for at least a month. If that's too much to ask, then I REALLY wanna see the comic version of your first day of work. (Congrats on that, by the by.)