Friday, February 29, 2008

Leap Day is a Day for Leaping!

Happy Leap Day, everybody! Remember to leap today. At least once. C'mon, it won't hurt... I didn't say you had to leap off of anything.

This is the last day of February, which means that the Three on the Third challenge begins in only three days. To participate in Three on the Third, all you have to do is draw three journal comics on the third day of the month. Not every month, unless you want to; just a month. They don't have to be well-drawn. They don't have to be funny. I'm not going to fact-check them to see if they're even true. They just have to be pictures and words about your life, as written and drawn/rendered by you. Making comics about other people who are part of your life is also okay, of course. And while the idea is to record what happens on that day, you can fudge on that too and no one will think less of you.

So, not very hard, right? You should give it a try. And yeah, you could put it off to do another month, but then you'd miss the auspiciousness of trying Three on the Third in the third month. Oooo....

Now that you've decided to participate (yay!), please keep in mind that it will be a lot harder if you try to do all the comics at once. So avoid putting them all off until the end of the day if you can possibly help it. Maybe try doing a morning comic, an afternoon comic, and an evening comic. That's what my plan is, anyway. Sharing your work online is appreciated, but optional; if you do, let me know if you want the URL to your comics included in future Three on the Third compendia or not.

In other news, the wire mesh on the heating vents is keeping the mice out quite effectively. Also, it turns out that a former roommate's husband works at a DIY ducting company, which is going to be extremely helpful when I venture into the Uncharted Realms beneath my house. I suspect he could probably even loan me a d20 if I needed it (which I, um, don't).

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am starting plyometrics training today in honor of Leap Day!

Anonymous said...

i unintentionally leaped today. interesting...wonder if it was because of the altered gravitational pull that made me feel lighter. (which is why there is a leap day, right?)

alissa j. said...

it was the weirdest day ever. and i'm excited that 3 on the third starts in march. how fitting.

upsidedown cat said...

i did my comics! exciting, but i have to finish coloring and then scan them tomorrow. it worked well to do morning, afternoon, evening drawing times.

ah said...

Me too! Aww yea.

Anonymous said...

(And yes, you can share.)

Mine ended up being done all in the late evening. Which almost worked better than trying to do them during the day -- I could sit down and focus, rather than grabbing minutes between things.

Anonymous said...

I am a dork. Didn't I do this exact same thing the LAST time I tried to leave a URL in your comment section??