Tuesday, November 15, 2005

In Which I Receive The Proverbial Mad Props.

I passed an old and dear friend in the parking lot yesterday. He pulled his vehicle over next to mine, waving frantically. "Do you have a blog?" he asked.

Why, yes. Yes, I do. Seriously, is there a more flattering question one could ask of a fledgling blogger, given the obvious implication that he really, really wanted to read it? And that he also has a blog which I read regularly? Of course I gave him my URL with all good speed. He even went so far as to say that if I didn't have a blog, he was going to tell me that I should.

I was going to blog about this yesterday, because it was pretty much the nicest thing that happened to me all day (except for the part where I went to bed at 7 p.m.; that was pretty sweet too). But somehow I didn't get around to it.

This morning my RSS feed notified me that his blog had a new post. I clicked through, wondering if I'd get a mention.

Goodness. If I ever need quotes for a book jacket, now I know who to call. Not only did he bestow copious compliments on my blog (after reading all my posts in one sitting), he also, if I understand correctly, now intends to write a series of posts inspired by stuff I wrote. Really! I'm not making this up! You can read it for yourself.

So thanks for reading, Ike.* It's an honor. Please accept this reciprocal shoutout. Here's to many more years of interaction, parasocial and otherwise.

*Yeah, I'm using his real name. He's one of those Famous People.

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Glad Ike pointed us your way! Already enjoying your thoughts-

Anonymous said...

Nice. Always good to have that sort of thing covered for when your book goes to press, isn't it?

evannichols said...

Librarian Warrior! I love it!

Mad Props: As we say in my country "Way cool!" And well deserved, I might add.

Have I mentioned that I'm honored that both my blog and comic show up in your Links list? If not; I am.

Tim said...

I'm doing NaNoWriMo too, but I ended up getting sick, taking a trip to Portland, getting a new job, and coming off launching a new church in Salem. Basically things have been really busy, and I'm way behind. Unless I can get two stacks of high society's worth of words by tonight, I'm toast.

Word up to your word up blog.